JG PAXTON & SONS LTD is committed to protecting your personal information and complying with all applicable legislation in relation to data protection. This policy describes how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
This policy applies to any personal information about you that you provide to JG PAXTON & SONS LTD or which is provided to JG PAXTON & SONS LTD by third parties.
The data controller in respect of personal information processed under this policy is JG PAXTON & SONS LTD (a company incorporated in England with company number 1696152) whose registered office is at Abbey Road, Pity Me, Durham, DH1 5DQ.
You can contact Julie Palmer on 0191 384 7111 or via email email@example.com you have any comments or queries in relation to data protection or JG PAXTON & SONS LTD’s use of your personal information.
Why do we collect personal information about you?
JG PAXTON & SONS LTD collects personal information about you to provide you with our products and services and to improve and develop these for the future.
What Personal Information do we collect?
JG PAXTON & SONS LTD collects the following types of personal information from you:
• Date of Birth
• Address and address history
• Contact details such as email address and telephone numbers
• Vehicle and/or machine registration and identification numbers
• Telematics information about the location of your vehicle and/or machine
How do we receive personal information about you?
JG PAXTON & SONS LTD receives personal information about you:
- When you contact us directly, visit our website (www.paxtons.co.uk), or use our social media channels, whether to apply for one of our products or services or to make an enquiry or other request.
- JG PAXTON & SONS LTD is an approved dealer of J C Bamford Excavators (JCB). If you approach JCB they will provide us with your personal data based upon the machine specification and your geographical location.
- JG PAXTON & SONS LTD is an approved dealer of several manufacturers. If you approach them directly then they will provide us with your personal data based upon the machine specification and your geographical location.
How do we use Personal Information about you?
JG PAXTON & SONS LTD and its group may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity and to identify you when you contact us.
- As a precursor to entering into or fulfilling a contractual obligation.
- To help administer, and contact you about improved administration of, any accounts, services and products we have provided before, or provide now or in the future.
- Recover debts that you owe and trace your whereabouts.
- To carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical information using data provided by you.
- To carry out statistical analysis to help with decisions about account management.
- To contact you for marketing purposes relating to products and services that we think will be of potential interest to you.
We retain the right, to access, view and interrogate JCB Livelink or any successor telematics system operating on JCB Products that have been supplied by us. We may use this system to verify the location, mode of operation, service history or/any other information held on the system regarding operation and/or performance of such JCB Products.
Who do we provide this personal information to?
JG PAXTON & SONS LTD will provide your personal information to:
- The JCB group if you are acquiring or are interested in acquiring JCB Products.
- Affiliated manufacturers if you are acquiring or are interested in acquiring their products.
- Financial services providers, such as our preferred supplier of finance facilities JCB Finance Ltd.
- Marketing providers.
- Third party debt collection agencies, insolvency practitioners and legal advisors.
- JCB Finance Ltd who provide machinery quotation software to us.
- Our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as banking services and data management firms.
Where we store your information
All personal information we have about you is stored on secure servers operated by JG Paxton & Sons Ltd or its third party service providers.
How long will we keep personal information about you?
JG PAXTON & SONS LTD will keep a copy of your personal information for as long as we have a contractual relationship with you, or from the point of a machine or product purchase, and for a period of 6 years thereafter. For personal information which is not linked to a machine purchase we will keep this for a period of 6 years from the date of the record. All SalesMaster quotes will be kept for 12 months from the point of quote.
We may keep your data for longer periods if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. Maintaining your personal information for these periods allows us to keep accurate records for our legal obligations and to handle any future complaints.
JG PAXTON & SONS LTD does not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Whenever fraud prevention agencies transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, they impose contractual obligations on the recipients of that information to protect it to the standard required in the EEA.
You have the following rights in connection with your personal information processed by JG PAXTON & SONS LTD:
- Access– you can request access to your personal information and further details about how your personal information is handled by JG PAXTON & SONS LTD.
- Object– you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Rectification– you can request rectification of any incorrect personal data held about you.
- Erasure– you can request erasure of any personal data where the processing is based on explicit consent.
You have a right at any time to opt-out or withdraw consent of receiving marketing from us and/or to amend the delivery method we use. We will only use your personal information to send you marketing messages where we have your consent to market to you. In some cases we may market to you by electronic means (e.g. by email or text) where we have provided you with goods and services and would like to give you information about similar goods and services on the basis that we have a legitimate interest to market such goods and services to you where we think you would be interested in hearing about them. We will not do this if you have asked not to be contacted, e.g. where you have opted out of marketing.
To manage your rights and delivery preferences please follow the instructions in our marketing communications or write to us at:
Post: FAO Office Department, JG PAXTON & SONS LTD, Abbey Road, Pity Me, Durham, DH1 5DQ
You can also opt-out from us passing your information to the other businesses listed above.
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us contacting our office using the contact details provided above.
If you are concerned or have questions about how JG PAXTON & SONS LTD handles your personal data please contact us and we will do our best to assist you. Please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (or any other appropriate supervisory authority), which may be accessed through the following link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.